HIGH POWER SERVICE RIFLE
2013 GRAND PRIX (GP) SERIES
(and RANKINGS) INFORMATION
The Grand Prix
The annual Grand Prix (GP) Series is a system to determine a champion over a series of sanctioned events. The GP series also helps compile rankings of shooters over the year of competition. This ranking system is then used, when required, to select appropriate teams for representation at any level.
The GP is run for the following rifle specifications as follows:
- SPEC 1 Service Std/As-Issued with Iron Sights (Vintage Service)
- SPEC 2 Service modified/Sporter/Hunter Rifle with Iron Sights
- SPEC 3 Match Rifle with Iron Sights
- SPEC 5 Per Spec 1, 2 or 3 but with Optical Sights
Shooters may compete and contest in all rifle specifications throughout all GP series.
Note: All those that competed in Sub-Spec 1a and 5a, roll up into parent specs 1 & 5 respectively.
Note: If an event has multiple IMC matches as part of the same championship, then a shooter may contest each match with the same rifle spec. If the same spec rifle is used in both IMC matches, then:
- the first score for the shooter will count for the event in the relevant rifle spec per the rifle used,
- subsequent scores will count for the event but in next higher spec,
- both scores will count for the GP per the rifle used.
All scores used for GP and Rankings come from AIHPA sanctioned matches as per the official event calendar.
If a shooter competes in more than the prescribed number of GP meets, then only the best results are used, and all remaining results are dropped. The more results a shooter has to choose from, the more chances that shooter will have of doing well.
There are 2 Grand Prix Championships, one for each course of fire:
- International Match Course (IMC) - AIHPA's main (core) course of fire, the IMC, 58 rounds, for all rifle specs. The best 3 results over the year, by spec, will be used to compile the aggregate GP and Ranking results.
- TMC (Tactical Match Course) - at either 300, 400 or 600, or other (open Spec), using target designated for that distance. The best 3 results over the year, with any rifle spec, will be used to compile the aggregate GP and Ranking results.
Progressive and Final Results
All results for the GP will be posted on the AIHPA website. Shooters should check the progressive listing for their progress as each event passes. It is the responsibility of the shooter to lodge any protests in writing to AIHPA for review and action.
Provisional Final results will be posted on the website after the final GP round. 14 days after the final round, the posted results will be declared final and no further disputes will be accepted.
Progress and Final results are posted on the results pages.
Annual rankings are captured at the end of each shooting calendar year. These results are equal to the results from the “Grand Prix” but ranked in order of aggregate results from highest to lowest. Rankings are “Open” (unclassified).
The “Team” for the given year will be based on the required quantity of top ranked shooters at the end of that year. This system will be used for determining a team to represent the discipline when required.
For more information, please contact AIHPA Rifle National Coordinator e-mail rifle @ aihpa .com or log onto the discipline web site http://www.aihpa.com
The AIHPA reserve the right to change the event or schedule without notice.
2010 GP Progress - Tactical MC
Tamworth local IMC. (Local)
Brisbane Open IMC, Belmont.(chmp)
Sydney Open TMC AMC. (chmp)
Newcastle Open, Aberdeen. (chmp)
Sydney Local IMC 80shot. (Local)
NSW State Titles, Gilgandra. (chmp)
Sydney Open IMC 80shot. (chmp)
National Matches, Tamworth. (chmp)
Australian Masters, Tamworth. (chmp)
ACT Territorials, Canberra. (chmp)
Sydney Classic, Malabar. (chmp)
Brisbane Local. (Local)
Aus Shooting Games, Belmont. (chmp)
Hunter Valley Open, Aberdeen. (chmp)
Camp Perry USA, Nationals. (chmp)
Tamworth local IMC. (Local)
Brisbane Local IMC. (Local)
QLD State Titles, Belmont. (chmp)
Sydney Local IMC. (Local)
Tamworth Prize Shoot. (chmp)
Lower North Coast Open. Taree. (chmp)
Sydney Clash Match, Malabar. (chmp)
Cooee Cup, Gilgandra. (chmp)
Sydney Kokoda Local IMC. (Local)